The Greater Washington (DC) Infectious Disease Society is a non-profit regional IDSA affiliate composed of infectious disease physicians and other healthcare practitioners interested in infectious disease. The purpose of the society is to provide continuing education to local providers and foster discussion of management of complex cases amongst local experts in infectious diseases.
At each monthly meeting, the following Infectious Disease Programs rotate to present their most interesting and perplexing cases:
- Children's National Medical Center and USUHS Pediatrics
- Fairfax Hospital
- George Washington University and Washington VAMC
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- Howard University
- National Institutes of Health
- National Capital Consortium: Walter Reed Army Medical Center (WRAMC), National Naval Medical Center (NNMC) and Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS)
- Washington Hospital Center
For information about becoming a GWIDS member, please contact GWIDS at: email@example.com.